|| Wanna Instantly Sound Like A Guitar God?
ID: 001 T2 Telecaster Upgrade
Our AweSome products will exceed your desire for Quality, Usefulness and Value.
| (Click Image for Larger Size)
T2 Upgrade wiring
This Telecaster upgrade gives you 6 pickup tones.
It takes fifteen minutes to remove your stock control plate and connect your pickup wires to the upgrade solderless terminal strip. Now a HUGE, alternate tone dimension will instantly open up to you.
Special Update: Our Telecaster upgrades now include Treble Bleed circuitry plus high quality polypropylene tone control capacitors (with a superior linear frequency response) for unequaled versatility. These upgrades give you "American Pro Telecaster" performance from your stock guitars.
Instruments That Can Be Upgraded
You can upgrade these Telecasters.
- '62 Telecaster
- 2016 Limited Edition American Standard Offset Telecaster
- 2016 Limited Edition American Standard Telecaster
- Affinity Series Telecaster
- American Deluxe Telecaster
- American Elite Telecaster
- American Original '50s Telecaster
- American Original '60s Telecaster
- American Professional Telecaster
- American Special Telecaster
- American Standard Telecaster
- American Standard Telecaster HH
- American Vintage '52 Telecaster
- American Vintage '58 Telecaster
- American Vintage '64 Telecaster
- Black and Chrome Standard Telecaster
- Blacktop Telecaster HH
- Classic Player Baja '60s Telecaster
- Classic Player Baja Telecaster
- Classic Series '50s Esquire
- Classic Series '50s Telecaster
- Classic Series '60s Telecaster
- Classic Vibe Telecaster '50
- Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s
- Classic Vibe Telecaster Custom
- FSR Limited Edition '52 Telecaster
- FSR Special Edition '50s Telecaster 90
- James Burton Standard Telecaster
- Limited Edition American Standard Double Cut Telecaster
- Limited Edition American Standard Telecaster HH
- Richie Kotzen Telecaster
- Road Worn '50s Telecaster
- Road Worn Player Telecaster
- Select Carved Blackwood Top Telecaster SH
- Select Carved Koa Top Telecaster
- Select Carved Maple Top Telecaster
- Select Telecaster
- Squier FSR Bullet Telecaster
- Squier Standard Telecaster
- Squier J5 Telecaster
- Standard Tele
- Standard Telecaster
- Standard Telecaster HH
- Vintage Modified Telecaster Bass Special
- Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
- Wilko Johnson Signature Tele
- Any similar instrument with either one 4-wire humbucker pickup or two single-coil pickups
Is your Telecaster in this list?
To Install This Upgrade
- You connect your pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip (see picture)
- You connect your output jack wires to the marked wires on this product
- You re-attach the upgrade and start exploring the 6 pickup tones now available to you.
Using This Upgrade
This upgrade uses our T2-Switch.
How It Works
- Switch SW1 controls the Bridge pickup. Center position is Off, Down is normal phase, Up is reverse phase.
- Switch SW5 controls whether the two pickups are in Parallel connection (down) or Series connection (up)
- Switch SW3 controls the Neck pickup. Center position is Off, Down is normal phase, Up is reverse phase.
Using our T2-Switch, you can
- Turn the Bridge pickup On,
- Turn the Neck pickup On,
- Turn the Bridge AND Neck pickups On in Parallel connection and in Normal Phase
(the above three pickup tones are what you get with the stock 3-way blade switch.)
(the below three pickup tones are ones that you cannot get with your stock instrument.)
- Turn the Bridge AND Neck pickups On in Parallel connection and in Reverse Phase
(gives you a glass-shattering country twang tone you can't get with the stock instrument.)
So with Switch SW5 in the Down position, you get the four pickup tones described above. You can turn on the Bridge pickup by itself, the Neck pickup alone, both the Bridge and Neck pickup together (in normal phase), as well as the Bridge and Neck pickup together (in reverse phase).
When you put Switch SW5 in the Up position, you get the following two additional pickup tones with both pickups connected in Series. This gives you a warmer and more humbucking Jazz tone, that you just cannot get with your stock instrument.
- When you turn on both the Bridge AND Neck pickups On in Series and in Normal Phase
(gives you a Humbucker-like Jazz tone you can't get with the stock instrument.)
- With both the Bridge AND neck pickups On in Series connection and in Reverse Phase
(gives you an intense country twang tone you can't get with the stock instrument.)
You get six pickup tones with this upgrade.
You can hear the difference
This page has MP3 audio clips to let you hear the result our T2-Switch upgrade offers you.
What You Get
- One (ID: 001a) Telecaster Upgrade with our T2-Switch and VT-2 Volume/Tone control. You connect your pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip and connect the two marked upgrade wires to your output jack wires.
- Parts bag
- URL to download EZ-Install instructions from our website Document Library
- If your instrument contains any of the following items, our product does not include them;
personality cards, greasebucket circuit, passing lane switch, S1 Switch, push-push mini switch, TBX or mid boost circuit or any special controls beyond the standard 3-way or 5-way switch.
- Coil tapped pickups must be connected as standard 2-wire pickups.
You need the following tools (not supplied with purchase).
- Wire cutters / wire strippers
- Small pliers
- Small phillips screwdriver, small straight slot screwdriver
30-Day Return Policy
We accepts all returns. You get a 30-Day Return Guarantee on all ALL your upgrade products. You can use your Upgrade for 30 days. If you don't agree this is the greatest product ever, return it for a refund no questions asked.
Our "core" (T2, T3, T4) switch products have a 30-day Guarantee. If it ever fails, we will repair or replace it (see our website FAQ for details.)
Buyer receives full refund in their original payment method less any shipping and handling charges.
Buy This Upgrade
Because you get a 30-day Return guarantee, you can buy this upgrade with confidence. You have nothing to lose except your lack of creativity.
Consider Adding The Following Related Customer-Installed Items
| Shipping: || All products are shipped via United States Postal Service. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. |
| Details: || Shipping generally occurs within three business days of payment. |
Saturday, Sunday and postal holidays are not business days.
Ask questions before purchasing. Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the installation and use of these products.
This switching system cannot be directly used with active (battery-powered) pickups or pizeo pickups.