|| Wanna Instantly Sound Like A Guitar God?
ID: 004 Telecaster Thinline SS Upgrade
Our AweSome products will exceed your desire for Quality, Usefulness and Value.
| (Click Image for Larger Size)
Bare Upgrade Product
T2 Upgrade wiring
This 3-ply White Upgrade for your standard Fender Telecaster Thinline guitar gives you 6 pickup tones.
This EZ-Install upgrade has everything you need.
Special Update: Select upgrades now include Treble Bleed circuitry plus high quality polypropylene tone control capacitors (with a superior linear frequency response) for unequaled versatility. These upgrades give you "American Pro Stratocaster" performance from your stock guitars.
Instruments That Can Be Upgraded
You can upgrade these Telecasters.
- 1969 Telecaster Thinline
- 1969 Telecaster Thinline Reissue
- American Deluxe Telecaster Thinline
- American Elite Telecaster Thinline
- Britt Daniel Tele Thinline
- Classic Vibe '60s Telecaster Thinline
- Classic Vibe Telecaster Thinline
- Deluxe Tele Thinline
- Squier Telecaster Thinline (Vintage Modified)
- Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster Thinline
- Telecaster Thinline Reissue
- All similar "clone" instruments with 12-screw attaching pickguard holes
Is your Telecaster in this list?
Which option do you want?
- T2 (no pickups) - you install your own neck pickup to get 6 pickup tones.
To Install This Upgrade
- You connect your pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip (see picture)
- You connect your output jack wires to the marked wires on this product
- You re-attach the upgrade and start exploring the 6 pickup tones now available to you.
Using This Upgrade
This upgrade uses our T2-Switch.
How It Works
- Switch SW1 controls the Bridge pickup. Center position is Off, Down is normal phase, Up is reverse phase.
- Switch SW5 controls whether the two pickups are in Parallel connection (down) or Series connection (up)
- Switch SW3 controls the Neck pickup. Center position is Off, Down is normal phase, Up is reverse phase.
Using our T2-Switch, you can
- Turn the Bridge pickup On,
- Turn the Neck pickup On,
- Turn the Bridge AND Neck pickups On in Parallel connection and in Normal Phase
(the above three pickup tones are what you get with the stock 3-way blade switch.)
(the below three pickup tones are ones that you cannot get with your stock instrument.)
- Turn the Bridge AND Neck pickups On in Parallel connection and in Reverse Phase
(gives you a glass-shattering country twang tone you can't get with the stock instrument.)
So with Switch SW5 in the Down position, you get the four pickup tones described above. You can turn on the Bridge pickup by itself, the Neck pickup alone, both the Bridge and Neck pickup together (in normal phase), as well as the Bridge and Neck pickup together (in reverse phase).
When you put Switch SW5 in the Up position, you get the following two additional pickup tones with both pickups connected in Series. This gives you a warmer and more humbucking Jazz tone, that you just cannot get with your stock instrument.
- When you turn on both the Bridge AND Neck pickups On in Series and in Normal Phase
(gives you a Humbucker-like Jazz tone you can't get with the stock instrument.)
- With both the Bridge AND neck pickups On in Series connection and in Reverse Phase
(gives you an intense country twang tone you can't get with the stock instrument.)
You get six pickup tones with this upgrade.
You can hear the difference
This page has MP3 audio clips to let you hear the result our T2-Switch upgrade offers you.
What You Get
Select one of these options:
- One Telecaster Thinline SS 3-ply White upgrade pickguard with no neck pickup. You use your neck pickup to this upgrade, connect your pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip and connect the two marked upgrade wires to your output jack wires. Gives you 6 pickup tones.
- Parts bag
- URL to download easy-to-follow instructions from our website Document Library
- On some asian models, you may need to redrill mounting holes, remove pickguard material or body cavity material. Purchasing this Upgrade means that you are OK with, and accept that possibility.
- Custom upgrade does not include Treble Bleed
PRO upgrade includes our Professional Treble Bleed
You need the following tools (not supplied with purchase).
- Wire cutters / wire strippers
- Small pliers
- Small phillips screwdriver, small straight slot screwdriver
- Optional: soldering iron (30 watt maximum), 60/40 rosin core solder
30-Day Return Policy
We accepts all returns. You get a 30-Day Return Guarantee on all ALL your upgrade products. You can use your Upgrade for 30 days. If you don't agree this is the greatest product ever, return it for a refund no questions asked. Buyer receives full refund in their original payment method.
Choices For You
When available, you now get product choices. Our "Custom" upgrades include a 30-day limited warranty. Our "PRO" upgrades include our professional treble bleed circuit and a 1-year limited warranty (see our website FAQ for warranty details.)
Buy This Upgrade
Because you get a 30-day Return guarantee, you can buy this upgrade with confidence. You have nothing to lose except your lack of creativity.
| Shipping: || All products are shipped via United States Postal Service. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. |
| Details: || Shipping generally occurs within three business days of payment. |
Saturday, Sunday and postal holidays are not business days.
Ask questions before purchasing. Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the installation and use of these products.
This switching system cannot be directly used with active (battery-powered) pickups or pizeo pickups.